Friday 11 April 2014

Pollution Is All Around Us-Photobook

You can preview and purchase my book here.

 About My Photo-book

The title of my photo book is Litter Is All Around Us. My photo book is based on the fact that pollution is really all around us, with litter as the most visible form of pollution. My aim for this photo book was to compare the litter found in the city with the litter found in the country-side. It seems that even in the green county-side litter is

I spent around five months taking photographs for my photo -book which involved traveling around the city centre and the park in Newbridge as well as the park near my home in Athgarvan. I used my own Fujifilm camera to take the photographs, which ranges from photographs of litter on the street/grass, to photographs of natural beauty such as trees and the River Liffey from the two parks. I also took several photographs which featured people such as Dublin City Council cleaners as they went about cleaning up the litter found in the city and I also took photographs of my father walking in the park and my mother as she recycled empty beer bottles.

My photo-book also includes several photographs of the River Liffey because I felt that the river was something that both the city and the country-side have in common-a river under threat from pollution. For my book cover I chose a photograph of a crushed Coca-Cola can, which I found in the grass in Newbridge. The idea was that this particular photo would be the most poignant and eye-catching because it shows how litter is truly out of place in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment